I've actually not been a fan of each new phase of eating. Every time we get into something new, I think, "Man, I really liked how it used to be." When she started eating cereal, I realized how nice it was when she just had bottles. When she started eating big people food, I wished that we could go back to baby food. And now it's the same thing. Now she wants to try and feed herself and I wish I could go back to when she would just let me put anything and everything in her mouth. Obviously I'm exaggerating just a little bit, but gosh....it's just so dang messy.
This is just a little video clip of lunchtime with Payton. I think she's just trying to prove that we don't really need utensils. And maybe she's right. Other cultures each with their hands. Maybe we can adopt that same practice. If you're not sure how to do this, just watch and learn from my Payton.
On a totally separate note, I just love Payton's face in this next picture. This face she does is one of my favorites. This is her really happy face and she squints her eyes and wrinkles up her nose a little bit and shows off about every tooth in her mouth. Cutest dang thing I've ever seen.
1 comment:
Love the video! I feel your pain. Even over a video on a blog....I sort of cringed about all the food that was spilling! Good thing we have two dogs to help with that sort of clean up. We'd be happy to lend Cooper or Willis temporarily to see if it eases some of your anxiety!
Post a Comment