Friday, December 19, 2008

Christmas stuff

Christmas activities this year have been so much fun with Payton. She's just so aware and curious and into everything. It's fun to have all that excitement in our home. It helps bring a whole new energy into Christmas.

Of course she had to be involved in Christmas decorating this year. She just loved watching each box get opened and her eyes got bigger with each box we got into. I think she has the best facial expressions and she was just thrilled to be helping.


I must say that Payton has been really good about the Christmas tree. Especially considering how young she is. I'm amazed that the tree hasn't been tipped over two or three times. She's fascinated with it, and she really, really, REALLY wants to touch and grab everything on it, but she doesn't. She's demonstrating such self-control.

The cutest part about her and the Christmas tree so far was the first week that we put it up. Everytime she saw the tree, it was like the first time she saw it. Over and over again. About ten times a day she would run into the front room where the Christmas tree is. Then she'd point and scream and smile and get excited. Every time. It was like she was surprised that it was still there. Like she thought it was going to be gone or something. So she just kept checking back on it. And screaming and pointing each time. I loved it every time she did it and it makes me smile just thinking about it now.

I didn't put any presents under the tree for a couple weeks because I thought that just might push her over the edge. Too much temptation. But today I put some presents under the tree while she was napping. After her nap, it took all of about 2 minutes for me to hear some commotion in the front room.

Luckily, it was just the bows. So far anyway. She can't keep her hands off the bows and won't stop pulling them off the presents. Oh well. I guess if that's the worse I have to deal with, then we're doing pretty good.





I feel so lucky to get to experience Christmas with this fun, spunky little girl in our house.

2 comments:

BB&KK said...

Cute little stinker! I love that totally sincere, toothy, couldn't-be-happier SMILE!

Tami said...

She is certainly joyous like her mother! So fun for you to have someone as excited as you!