Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Memorial Day

We had a nice Memorial weekend. Saturday, Craig went golfing and Payton and I did a little shopping at the mall. Then Craig surprised me by planning a date night. He made arrangements for Michelle and Mat to come over and watch Payton and put her to bed for us. We went to dinner at Winger's and then went and saw the movie "21". It was nice to have an evening off. I was a little panicky about it and probably went a little overboard giving Michelle instructions for the night, but we had a good time. It was nice to eat a meal where I didn't have to focus on 10 things and try to keep Payton entertained and fed and everything else. I'm going to have to try to get a little better about leaving her with people because it was really nice to just go have a couple hours to be with Craig.

Sunday was church and relaxing at home. I wish I could have had a video of it, cause Payton learned to clap her hands on Sunday. We were in sacrament meeting and I was trying everything to entertain her and keep her from doing her high-pitched squeal. I was whispering/singing something to her, and all the sudden she started clapping her hands. It was so dang cute to see her face cause she was so amazed and proud that she did it. For the longest time, when I try to get her to clap, she just clasps her hands together and bops them up and down. But all of a sudden on Sunday, something must have clicked with her. I know it sounds cheesy, but I don't know if there is anything cooler than watching your child figure something out. Her little eyes were just huge with amazement and she just smiled as she clapped and you could tell that she was just thinking "I'm doing it!" I wish I could have had a picture of that moment.

Monday morning we went and met up with some of the gang for breakfast at Cracker Barrel to celebrate Melissa's birthday. Happy birthday Melissa! Then we headed off to take Payton swimming for the first time. It was cold and raining outside, so we decided that we would go to the Lehi Legacy Center because they have an indoor pool with a couple fun areas for kids to play in.

I think Payton had a pretty good time. She wasn't too clingy, so hopefully that's a good sign. She liked to be on her back and put her ears under the water since everything sounds funny that way. She has practiced that move many times in the bathtub.

Here's Payton with her daddy. I love this excited face that she gets. Tongue sticking out and all.
I hesitated being in any pictures in a swimsuit cause everyone knows that it seems like a good idea at the time, but yikes....who ever likes those pictures of themselves later? Oh well, Payton just looks too cute in this picture to pass it up. She had so much fun playing in these little fountains that shoot out of the ground.

All wrapped up in her towel and ready to go home.

My oh my, I just can't get enough of her big blue eyes. I just want to pinch her and squeeze her and make all sorts of goofy sounds every time I'm around her. I just can't stand how cute she is and how much fun we're having with her.



We ended the day with a BBQ at Craig's mom's house with all of his siblings. Good burgers and salads and all sorts of stuff. Memorial Day just always seems to be the official kick-off to summer. I can't wait! Bring it on!

5 comments:

Cameron Family said...

Sorry we did not make it! Chase came home and took a 3 hour nap. I thought I would let him sleep a little, but he was sleeping so good I did not want to wake him. I am glad that you guys had a good time!

amy said...

Looks like you had a fun time at the pool! All the pictures are so cute. I love Payton's many expressions...especially the excited face, tongue and all. I am glad you and Craig had a fun date night!

Julie G. said...

Cute swimming suit! Fun for her. She looks all ready to hit Seven Peaks this summer. :)

ilene said...

It's so fun to see you enjoying all the new things little Payton is doing. I love her bright eyed expressions. . .and the tongue. You're going to have a fun summer as she loves being out and her new found independence--she's going to be a busy little girl.

Kristi Burley said...

That Payton is so stinking cute!! Thanks for all the good updates. Can't wait to see you all in person...hopefully soon. ~kk