Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Called To Serve

Craig's youngest brother, Steve, has been waiting to receive his mission call in the mail...and yesterday (Wednesday, June 4th).....it came! So we started out the night going to dinner with Craig's dad and stepmom, Suzanne. Craig's dad retired from coaching basketball at Cottonwood this year. He and Suzanne are going to Arizona for a job opportunity and just to test out the waters there. If all goes well, they will be moving there. Sad to think about that, but I guess it's always nice to have a new place to visit.

Of course we spent all of dinner guessing everywhere across the globe where Steve was going to go. I think every state and every country was guessed at some point. I guess someone was bound to get it right after all those guesses.

Here's Miss Payton showing off her teeth. She's got 4 of them now and it just makes her look so grown up.
After dinner, everyone headed over to Craig's mom house for the big event. Here is grandma with Payton.
When we first saw Steve that night, it seemed like maybe he wasn't quite in the mood to have this be his big night. But as the time got closer, the Stevie that we all know and love definitely came out. He was pacing the floor and quite anxious by the time it came to open his call. It was fun to see how excited and anxious he was. He humored me and put on his excited face for this pic.
I thought it was so much fun to be a part of this night. I've never seen anyone open their mission call before, so I was so excited to get to witness it. (I got to be on the phone with my brother when he opened his.) Really I was. I felt like a little kid on Christmas morning. I think we all did. There was so much anticipation and it was so fun.

Cute Stevie with my little princess. I can't believe that she'll be almost 3 years old when he gets home.
Here's Steve with his mom....
...and his dad.
Well, if you can't hardly take the suspense any longer....just check out the video clip to watch Stevie read his mission call. And yes, his dad totally guessed it right. He said that he thought the rainy day was a premonition of where he was going. Congrats Stevie!!

7 comments:

Thayne6 said...

Yeah for Steven!
--Jamie

The Collins Family said...

Hey Lani, Congrats to your brother in law! my brother is leaving on his mission soon too. Its crazy to think our babies will be 3 when they get home!!

Tami said...

That's pretty cool! Can I just say Miss Payton is BEAUTIFUL! Oh I cannot wait to see her on Sunday!

amy said...

That was so cool. The only person I have exprerienced this with is Jen. It was definitely fun! Congrats to him...How exciting!

nalani said...

That's awesome! Maybe he'll serve in my parents ward! You know Sharon would love to feed him and take care of him. I love how you kept everyone in suspense the whole post!

Cameron Family said...

That was so fun to see...Wow, almost brought a tear to my eye! Although I am glad that time is over.

Jeff & Melissa said...

Congrats to Steve... that's always a memorable moment in life!