One night I was in need of a heating pad or something like that, so what does my mom do? She whips out her sewing machine and makes me a rice pack.
Another perk of having mom around for the week: we have so much food that we don't know what to do with all of it. Craig has been given the task of trying to figure out how to get all of the food to fit in the fridge every night after dinner.
I'm sure that I'll forget something, but here's my attempt to make a rundown of just a few of the things that my mom has been up to this week at my house:-made dinner every night, baked cookies, poppy seed muffins, and zucchini bread
-weeded my flower beds, worked in the yard, and pulled up a few bushes that just needed to go
-done loads and loads of laundry
-vacuumed, dusted, swept, and cleaned my house
-she's sleeping on the couch because the guest bedroom is downstairs where she can't hear Payton cry at night
-she gets up with Payton in the middle of the night to give her a bottle because she wants me to get caught up on my sleep
-gave me a foot rub to try to ease the pain on my still swollen feet
Like I said, I'm sure that I forgot about 500 other things, but you get the idea. My mom rocks and I'm dreading the day when she has to go back to Idaho. I tried to fight my dad for her to see if I could squeeze another few days into her stay, but he insists that their home in Idaho is going to fall apart without her so it's time for her to go home. I guess all good things must come to an end. Thanks for everything mom - - I love you!!
3 comments:
Yes, you have been very lucky to have her help you this week. Hey, she even had me for dinner one night! Let me know what I can do to help when she is gone.
Kudos to your mom. I'm sure she is feeling lucky, too. There's nothing like helping your daughter with a new baby. I'm sure that to her just knowing how much you appreciate her makes every minute worth it!
Your mom is awesome! So sad that she's gone. I guess it's time for Missy and I to come help you now. Let me know when you're ready for a meal.
Post a Comment