So....here's how it all went down on Ellen.....
I still am in amazement that this even happened. Nothing like this has EVER happened to me!
Turns out the only thing I'm embarrassed about in this whole thing is the intro by Ellen. She makes it sound so dramatic and like we're about to be homeless or something. A lot of people have asked and expressed their concern and we're really grateful for everyone. But to set the record straight....we're going just fine. Better than fine, actually. We're not about to lose our house and we are still paying our bills. :-) Craig's work has said that they have to do some layoffs in mid-April, but that's all we know for now.
But when it comes down to it, if making our story sound a tad more dramatic than it really is made them pick us.....then go ahead and tell dramatic stories about us ALL DAY LONG. We'll take it!
7 comments:
Ha ha ha haaaaaaaa... Lani this is HILARIOUS!!! I actually saw you on "Ellen" Tuesday and I could NOT believe my eyes. I got chills :) I LOVE Ellen's show and watch it almost every day. She is SOOO funny. What a cool experience. We need to go on her show sometime. It's like one of my dreams now :) What a great way to put a smile on your face, after being so sad about your job :)
Lani I hope you got my text and that I LOOOOOOVED it and watched on the internet from my hotel in Denver. You lived my dream. You and your hubby and daughter were so cute. It is funny what you said bout ellen telling your story a little too dramatically LOL...but really who cares you were on ELLEN. LOL I put it on my facebook and people like my cuz Aub and Ryan Cuevas commented on it and loved it! I LOVE YOU Lani and it was so great to chat with you the other day!
You were so cute! How fun and what an amazing thing to have happen! Congrats hun!
We are all so stoked it happened to you and your family!!! You were great to watch and no,no foolish things done or said. I don't watch daytime tv so I had no clue about the contest nor do I know Jeanie's story (what is her story?) but maybe I need to start finding out about these contests?!
Jeremy and I rushed home from work so we wouldn't miss you guys on Ellen. We sat and laughed at you guys and I'm so jealous that you got to talk to Ellen, I love her! I hope Craig and Jeremy still have a job come mid-April. Scary. I'm happy for you guys. Good luck with everything.
I'm so glad you posted this!! We had missed it! WOOT WOOT To you guys!
Oh my gosh, Lani, this was so freaking funny. I recorded the segment on my DVR and I've watched it like 5 times, it makes me laugh so hard. I want to know how it all went down, how are they sure that you're home? What if you'd been walking around in your jammies or something? Does someone you know warn you in some way? Whew, good thing you had a cute pedicure on those freezing cold toes, right? haha
Post a Comment