Monday, March 23, 2009

Madness....just madness!!

Well, well, well.....what a difference a week makes. I've just had the craziest experience. And when I say crazy, I mean....CRAZY!!

I would love to give a play-by-play of what happened today, but I don't know if I actually know what happened. It's all one big blur.

Here's what I do recall: a phone calling saying "Hi, this is Ellen Degeneres." Disbelief (on my part) and then screaming (again on my part). Then, pounding on the front door and I open it to find Jeanie and 5 other people waiting for me (including 2 cameras). Slightly overwhelming at this point. I was pulled out into the cold in my bare feet. I think they asked me if I wanted to get shoes on and I told them I was fine without them. We climbed on the flatbed truck and I hopped into The Goldigger machine. Then Craig got to get in The Goldigger after me and then it was over. Just like that. As quickly as it began. I don't think I said anything coherent and I probably made a fool out of myself. I've always wanted to tell Ellen how great she is and how much I love her show, but I guess I screwed up my one shot at that. :-) Hopefully she just knows how fun and awesome she is.

But once tomorrow afternoon rolls around, it will all be very clear what happened because it's going to air on THE ELLEN DEGENERES SHOW!!!

That's right, folks. I'm going to be on Ellen on Tuesday, 3-24-09! I'm still freaking out! Long story short, I entered a contest, they picked me, and yesterday they showed up on my doorstep. Absolutely crazy!!

Here's the flatbed truck that brought the Goldigger machine to my house.

Here's me and Payton with Jeanie. I still can't believe that Jeanie came to my house. I've watched her whole story unfold on Ellen and feel like I know her.
After we were done, Payton wanted to keep watching the excitement for quite a while. Plus we needed a way to entertain her since Craig and I were frantically calling and texting our families and friends to tell them what just happened.


I am feeling a sense of dread in preparation of watching the show and see what my reaction was. It all happened so fast that I seriously don't know what I said or did. Should be interesting to watch tomorrow along with the rest of the country. Yikes. Oh well. All for a good cause and I would make a fool out of myself for Ellen anyday. :-)

32 comments:

Jeff & Melissa said...

That's exciting... I hope you got lots of loot!!!

Riz said...

I love it...I just love it! I can hardly wait to see it on the show tomorrow. It all just keeps making me laugh so hard to think about!

Rachel said...

OH! I am DVRing that!

amy said...

I have been sitting here wondering how I think you would react. I can see you being so excited and crazy. I guess I will just have to check it out tomorrow. Can't wait ;)

The Whitney's said...

This is the best story ever!! I'm so happy that you guys got to do that. Jeremy was telling me about how they called you and stuff and I was freaking out for you guys. I'm excited to watch you guys. Congrats again.

Emily Call said...

I am so bummed that I missed all the action. Maybe if I were more of a snoop and actually looked out the front window more often. ;)
I am so excited for you guys. Can't wait to watch the show.

Anonymous said...

That is so cool!! I can't beleive you are going to be on the show! That is fantastic!

Cameron Family said...

I am so excited to see the show tomorrow and glad that you got to be a part of! Every girls dream come true! :)

Chari said...

How lucky are you? I can't wait to watch it! I feel cool now that I can say that I know a celebrity ;)

Jen and Jaylie said...

I can't wait to see you on TV!!!!

Traciannee said...

I love the internet, I got to see the clip before 4. Oh Lani I am crying and so happy for you. You are darling and it makes me so HAPPY (I can say that enough) that you got to do the "Gold Digger"!
I hope things are turning around for you!

Andy Chase said...

great stuff- everyone at work has now watched- I'm happy for you guys!

Cameron Family said...

So I totally watched it and cried! I am so HAPPY that you guys got to do it, and it was so great to see a good friend up there having FUN and getting a well deserved gift from our favorite.....ELLEN!

Chad and Amy said...

Okay that was so fun to watch! You did awesome! Congrats!

Jen and Jaylie said...

That was SO cool!!!! CONGRATS!!!!

Mommy Shar said...

Hey Craig & Lani- Just wanted to say how thrilled I am for you two. I was sad to hear about Lani losing her job especially with the SU layoffs going on. I couldn't wait to see the show today. Lani... you cracked me up running outside barefoot. I had the show recording when mutiple old SU co-workers informed me that you would be on. I am sure you already know that the clip is on her website but if you didn't I thought you would want to post it on your blog. Again congrats, you two deserve it!

Carl and Pat said...

Lani, your reaction was classic--good job on stuffing your sweater! Hope you got lots of $. Good luck with the job search!

Mrs. B said...

Hi, I am Nalani's cousin.
I did watch it and thought you were cute and charming. I loved your bare feet!
Hope things look up for you now.

Our Family News said...

It was so fun to see you on TV! Congrats--I am so glad she picked your name. Thanks for sharing!!! I totally watch Ellen almost every day so it was fun to have a heads up you were going to be on it. Hopefully you were able to get some good $.

Anonymous said...

That is so awesome! I just watched the clip. I am so excited for you guys. Love you tons.

Unknown said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO THAT'S NOT FAIR!!! AND I MISSED THE SHOW!!!!! BAH!!!

Rachel and Kelly said...

It was so awesome watching you today. You were so cute and excited and you looked fabulous. IT was AMAZING!!!

Rhitzclan said...

I watched it! It was so funny! Congrats that you got to do that- how fun! And you didn't make a fool out of yourself. I think most of us would have been just as excited if we were in your shoes... or bare feet that day. =)

Lindsey Harman said...

Just watched you on the show and was so excited I knew who you were. Well, through blogging anyway. :) Anytime I hear something about UT I think I'll know who the person is and never do, but was surprised to see your cute family on Ellen on TV!! I had just read your blog about your job loss too and was feeling bad for you. Anyway, I'm glad you got to do golddigger. You were all cute!

Chisa said...

I saw the show!! That's so cool!!! And I am so glad that you were wearing a jacket with pokets that day! :) I hope your feet weren't freezing!!

ilene said...

Remember when I told you when one door closes, another opens? What a way to start the week! I can tell your few minutes of fame in the Gold-digger are just the start of good things to come. You deserve all the good things that are happening to you.

Thayne6 said...

I just saw it and WOW--how awesome is that! YEAH FOR YOU!!!!
--Jamie

BB&KK said...

You ROCKED IT!! And I've passed on the link to everyone I know (and they LOVE it too!). Post the link for anyone who missed it. Couldn't have happened to anyone more deserving. Love you!! ~kk

Natalie said...

Hi, I'm Lindsey's sister. Congrats! I watched the show with my girls, and had a blast. You guys were perfect! Glad to see good things happening to good people.

The Collins Family said...

Lani! Im so happy for you! I was seriously in tears watching you get all excited! You were so cute! That is going to be so fun to look back on, and show Payton when shes older:) Good luck with the job search and I hope things get better!
Yersa

Holly said...

Hey it's Tommy and Holly. We feel like we know a real live celebrity now. That was so crazy and cool all at the same time. We are so happy for you and your little family! We'll make you a deal. We'll wish you good luck on the job hunt if you will do the same for us! We are so sorry and hope you will let us know if there is anything we can do to help.
Keep in touch.

Traciannee said...

Hey Lani, Again just wanted to say I am so Happy for you. If you wanted to post the clip and post it for everyone to watch and cry happy tears again and again. You are so darling!
http://ellen.warnerbros.com/2009/03/gold_digger_comes_to_utah.php