Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter weekend

Holidays are just going to get more and more fun. They already are. Although Payton didn't really get the whole Easter thing, she got it enough to have tons of fun at the Easter egg hunt and grubbing on the candy. Having her around really made me get all excited to buy some things and get Easter baskets ready. It kind of makes me feel like a kid again to get excited for different holidays.

Easter weekend started off with an indoor Easter egg hunt at Craig's cousin's house. A hunt was planned for grandma's backyard but the weather didn't want to cooperate, so the party moved indoors.

All the cousins lined up, Easter baskets in hand, ready for the hunt to begin.
And we're off....
Checking in with cousin Benny to see who has more...
Getting help from aunt Lindsey for those hard to reach places.
Pretty proud of successfully finishing her first Easter egg hunt.
And checking out her loot....
Easter Sunday morning gave me another excuse, once again, to get Payton all prettied up. There are so many dang cute Easter dresses that I saw in different stores. I could've probably bought 10 dresses if I had somewhere for her to wear them all.

This look is like, "Seriously mom, you're going to take pictures this early in the morning?"


Just trying to show off her cute curls.... She thought this self-portrait thing was pretty cool. I might have to use this in the future to get a smile out of her cause it sure worked to get some smiles this morning.

(Note: To all my family and friends that have experienced Payton's "stink face", I would like to submit the above photos as evidence that she does know how to, and often does, smile.)

She thought using the timer to get our family shot was pretty cool too. Wish I would have known about these tricks earlier.
"I'm tired of smiling for pictures."
"Mom! Really. I mean it."
"Seriously, enough of the camera. Put it away!"
While we were at church, the Easter bunny made it to our house. A special delivery of Easter baskets and a new tricycle for Payton.

Grubbin' on the chocolate. Like mother, like daughter.

Not too bad for her first chocolate bunny.
In the words of my niece, Rylee, "It's Easter. Happy Easter."

5 comments:

Emily Call said...

so fun. She looked so darling in her Easter dress.

Anonymous said...

I love how you did her hair. Very cute. We spent easter with some friends that had kids and that made it exciting. Holidays get kind of bland without that childish excitment.

Tami said...

Festive family. Cute pics. love her hair getting long and curly!

Julie G. said...

tons of smiles! Cute dress on a cute girl!

Kristi Burley said...

Love the update. And I gotta say....you've got some serious mom skills of pulling the hair tight into those little pony tails. I wonder if her head "hurts so good" when you finally take those out at the end of the day :) Such a good feeling!!!