Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Spud Day

A little late in posting, but of course I have to give my shout out to Spud Day. Maybe if we go enough years in a row, we can get our name added to the event....."81st Annual Martineau Spud Day"....has a nice ring to it, don't ya think? Or at least we should be able to get some free food from all our years of devotion. I think I'll take that up with the Spud Day Committee.

Here we are at the hoppin' Spud Day parade. Blink and you'll miss it.
Five minutes later....trying to stay dry during the torrential downpour.
Got a pic of the John Deere for my brother.
What's more Idahoan than a parade of farm equipment? Yee haw!
And really, the only reason for the trek to Spud Day every year. In Craig's opinion, this is the only reason anyway. The food.

His idea of a perfect meal. Take a big, thick, prime rib. Cook it medium rare. Slap it on a bun. Heaven.

Until next year. Peace out Spud Day.

3 comments:

TK said...

Looked like another warm Spud Day! We hope to be able to make it on a more regular basis beginning next year. I will then be finished with school and Tami can get back to re-claiming her crown as the Spud Run Champion. Carson will be in attempting to take home Tater Tot Run 1st Place trophy as well. I can't wait!

Cameron Family said...

So much fun...I do miss that Spud Day food. There is nothing like it!

Julie G. said...

Spud day....I miss it. We need to come up with the boys soon. Every kid needs to experience Spud Day. Funnel cakes are ruined for me everywhere else!