My mom's birthday was on Sunday. (Happy Birthday Mom!!) My dad got sent on a business trip over her birthday weekend and I told her that there was no way she could spend her birthday weekend alone. So she headed to Utah for a girls weekend.
We started out on Friday by grabbing dinner at Rumbi Grill, doing a little shopping at Costco and Ross, and then heading over to the movie theater to see 'Vantage Point'. Pretty good flick, I must say. Jan and Riz forgot to breathe a couple of times and they thought their hearts were going to pound out of their chests. I think we were all pretty into it, don't you think?

We had made a stop at Costco and just couldn't leave there without grabbing some of their AWESOME strawberries. We just happened to find some dipping chocolate at the grocery store and....
VOILA!....we had ourselves a little midnight snack!

So we started out with about 16 dipped strawberries. After downing them 2 at a time.....

....we ended up with strawberry juice dripping down our hands, a little sick to our stomachs and only this to show for our snack.

We had a slumber party at my house on both Friday and Saturday nights. I think Jan and Riz are ready to move in if they get to have my big, brown couch as their bed.

Riz made us fruit crepes on Saturday morning. One word.....GRUBBIN'!! Again, we were all sick to our stomachs from eating too much. What better way to work that off than to head out for a day of shopping.

Rod Works, Old Navy, and Target were all first on the list. All of us were just so happy to get to wander around ANYWHERE without kids crying, grabbing things, or throwing tantrums.

Final stop on the girls whirlwind weekend.....pedicures at Happy Design! We love going to this place cause they can fit lots of people at once and they have great massage chairs that you get to enjoy while getting your pedi.

Showing off the final product....

Basically, we had a great time. We did miss having KK there with us. How bad can you really feel for her though? She couldn't join us because she was just getting back from Cabo. Boo hoo. :-) Thanks for the fabulous weekend girls!!
4 comments:
You girls are crazy... glad you were able to spend some time with the fam!
You girls look like you had so much fun that I can't help but be jealous, I want in next time ;)
What a fun weekend with the sisters! Those are always the best!
I am so glad you were able to spend time with the girls--looks like it was a fun weekend!
Post a Comment