Over the past couple years, I've realized how much that I'm NOT a neighborhood person. I'm just not. I just don't like being so close to other people, cars always parked on your street, hearing dogs barking all day long....all that stuff. I just don't dig it. So living where we live now is A-OK with me.
Here is the front of our house. We're kind of the "odd man out" at Alpine. All the other houses look alike except ours. When Alpine purchased this land, this home was the only thing on the 35 acres. It has served as lots of things over the years. This house was the main office for Alpine for a long time while everything else was being built.
Walking out our front door, this is the view. Being on 35 acres, there is lots of room, lots of pastures, lots of space. I'll tell you what....it's a beautiful thing.
This is the back of our house and deck.
And this is our backyard. Yes, we're VERY glad that there is a landscaping crew that mows the lawns and we don't have to.
This is one of the other homes at Alpine and they are our closest neighbor. Just like I like 'em: one pasture away.
The brown building is the school building. There are a bunch of administrative offices in the school as well. This is where Janet's office is. Payton and I take this trek several times a day. We walk over to visit Janet, go to see the horses or the sheep, go to play in the stream, or just whatever else that is "outside" because that's all that Payton asks about all day, every day.

6 comments:
Georgeous! Lani, I had no idea; Ryan told me that the place was really nice, but he's not one to give much description.
We sure miss seeing you guys and are looking forward to seeing you this weekend.
I am with you small town is my ideal. Your new home is beautiful! I am so happy you guys have settled so well and are loving it.
I know it was a scary and unexpected time in life that led you to where you are now and LOOK, it couldn't have worked out better for this phase in your life! I am happy you are happy and it sounds like Payton is loving it too!
LOVE IT!! I was wondering when I was going to get the scoop on your new digs. Looks like you're livin' large. Can't wait to come check it out in person (probably this fall...after fire season).
How about some pics of the interior? I love pictures of cardboard boxes, so that's no excuse.
Looks like a great deck for a friends BBQ...LOL!!
Post a Comment