Sunday, June 21, 2009

Cruise 2009

So what if I'm about 2 months late in posting this? Better late than never.

We went on a Western Caribbean cruise in May and had a terrific time. But that's pretty obvious, right? How could you be on a massive cruise ship in the middle of the Caribbean, sleeping in every day, having perfect weather, and grubbin' on delicious food, without having a great time. I guess there was minor trauma over leaving my daughter for 9 days, but I'll just skip that part.

Our ship.....Liberty of the Seas
These aren't attractive pics, but at this point, it's a tradition to take a picture of the life jackets and the lifeboat drill.
The buzzed head guy next to me was coined "Vin Diesel" for the trip. He was just that guy that we saw on the first day and we saw him and his wife over and over the whole trip. So we needed a name for him. Vin Diesel.
Here are just some random pics of the ship. Here's the Flow Rider machine. We didn't try this, but it looked pretty cool.
A little putt-putt course.
We did try out the rock climbing wall. This was much harder than I thought it was going to be. The wall was about 43 feet tall and my arms and legs were shaking by the time I reached the top. I didn't think I was going to make it, but I did reach the top and ring the bell. No pics of me posted because, let's be honest, what girl wants a picture staring straight up at their rear end with a big ole' harness strapped to it, making it look 12 times larger than normal? Gag.
Here is the 3 story tall shopping area called The Promenade. Pretty impressive.
I thought our dining room was so pretty.
After a SUPER relaxing day at sea where we got WAY too much sun, our first stop was Labadee, Haiti. Oh yeah, gotta love that Caribbean water.

We had to lay low in Haiti because we were sunburned from our day at sea. We found an open hammock and kicked back, took a little nap and just took full advantage of being on vacation and having no worries.
Check out the speedo in the background. Hubba hubba. With so many foreigners on the ship, we definitely saw our fair share of speedos. It wouldn't hurt my feelings if I went the rest of my life without seeing another man in a speedo.
Next stop: Jamaica. We got set up with a tour company and took a random boat ride to meet our tour guide. He gave us a tour of the forests and we saw the sites of Ocho Rios. Then we were off to climb Dunn's River Falls.
Hi. Meet my hot husband....

And now here we are in Grand Cayman.
We took a little tour of Grand Cayman in this rickshaw. This was actually really fun and a nice, relaxing way to see the city.

And finally, the gorgeous Seven Mile Beach. I loved this beach the first time I went there and I couldn't wait for Craig to get to see it. He wasn't disappointed. We found out that this beach is now only about 5 miles long because of hurricanes. Pretty sad, but even though it's a couple miles shorter, it's still gorgeous.

Final stop: Coco Cay, Bahamas


This was our hideaway for the day in Coco Cay. We gathered seashells for Payton for an hour or so, and then relaxed under our umbrella. Read a book, took a nap. Life doesn't get much better than that.Just some random pics of Craig and I all spiced up for dinner each night.

We had a very international table on this cruise. A couple from Sweden, a couple from London, a couple from Italy (not in this picture), and a couple from Denver. It's so fun getting to know the people at our table during the week. The couple from Sweden and London were just so nice and interesting to talk to each evening. Craig and I now have an open invitation to both Sweden and London. Guess we better start planning those trips since we now have places to stay.
A cruise wouldn't be a cruise without a different towel animal greeting us each evening when we got back from dinner.

Another cruise come and gone. Time to start planning and saving for the next one! Who's in?

10 comments:

Rachel said...

Lani ... this trip looks AMAZING! I really need to get out more. Ugh.

Riz said...

FINALLY....an update! I hope everyone hasn't given up on blogging. It's our best way to stay in touch. I love the pics of the cruise.

The Woodwards said...

Looks like you had a blast! I love all the gorgeous pictures, that Seven Mile Beach looks like HEAVEN!!! I'm so glad you and the husband got to take such a nice relaxing little break before the madness!

Kristi Burley said...

Thanks for the update. I had ALMOST given up on you. And now that you see Jan on a regular (??) basis....bug her to get some updates out there too. Love all the pics. Looks like you had a great time!

Jeff & Melissa said...

Looks like so much fun... reminds me of when we all went years ago! I loved that 7-mile beach too!! Hope all is well with you guys.

Chari said...

I am SO jealous! Looks like you guys had an awesome time! We miss you! Hope things are going great!!!!

Cameron Family said...

OK...Lets start planning now! I love that ship. We really need to do a Royal Caribbean one! Looks like you guys had a great time! So Jealous!

Rhitzclan said...

Wow! Super fun! Ryan and I are leaving on a cruise for the Caribbean on Saturday. But it's only 6 days. We are going to Grand Caymen and Cozumel. We are so excited, it's our first cruise. Looks like you guys had a blast!

Julie G. said...

So fun! I am glad you two got to relax during all your madness of moving and all.

Tami said...

You about have me ready to try a cruise! Love Craiger in the life vest! Your dressed up pics...of course you are gorgeous Lani (craiger...you are handsome!). glad you got to have that vacation!