THURSDAY
Payton and I headed over to Stampin' Up on Thursday. They held their Halloween celebration on Thursday because they have a bunch of employees that don't work on Fridays because of their new 4/10's schedule that they recently started.
Here is our little pirate. She didn't have a clue that it was Halloween and she could have gotten a truckload of candy if she wanted. But she still had a blast running around dad's work. Any outing is a fun outing in Payton's book.
Here is Craig receiving an "Honorable Mention" award at their costume costume giveaways. Here's a breakdown of Craig's costume this year. He had a big present wrapped around him. On it was a sign that said:
TO: WOMEN........FROM:GOD
Pretty funny huh? He got lots of scowls from the women and lots of pats on the back and thumbs up from the men. Payton always gets to meet up with her cousins, Ellie and Ben, at Stampin' Up. Pretty cute kids if you ask me.
FRIDAY
On Friday we went over to XanGo. I took the day off of work, so mostly I wanted to go over so I could see what costumes everyone came up with. XanGo gives away the BIG BUCKS for their costume contest and people have to get more and more creative every year to try and get 1st place.
Here's just a couple of the ones that I liked. Some dude dressed up as a barbie and was inside a huge barbie box. Kinda fun.
I don't know what this guy was supposed to be, other than an ad for recycling. Just a couple hundred aluminum cans attached to his body. Payton was a little anxious about him cause he kinda chased her one time.
Here was who I thought should be the winner. Like a nine-foot tall "Stay Puff" marshmallow man. Payton wasn't so sure about him either.
The winner was actually a headless horseman who came to XanGo on a black horse and everything. No pictures of that guy.
Then we just hung out for the night and greeted the trick-or-treaters.
Of course Payton had to get her hands on the big bowl of candy. It started out with just playing with a piece or two......
.....and ended up being a major entertainment for her.
SATURDAY
Saturday we had a costume party at Cody and Meridith's house. You weren't supposed to bring kids, so we found willing volunteers (Riz and Jason) to babysit Payton for a few hours. Riz was excited, the boys were excited, Payton was excited. It was a good deal all around.
Then we just hung out for the night and greeted the trick-or-treaters.
Of course Payton had to get her hands on the big bowl of candy. It started out with just playing with a piece or two......
SATURDAY
Saturday we had a costume party at Cody and Meridith's house. You weren't supposed to bring kids, so we found willing volunteers (Riz and Jason) to babysit Payton for a few hours. Riz was excited, the boys were excited, Payton was excited. It was a good deal all around.
They came and picked Payton up in their huge truck. I thought they all looked so cute snuggled in the back seat together, so I had to get a pic.
Off to the costume party. I couldn't come up with a costume idea and didn't want to have to buy something. My brother,Ted, gave me a fabulous idea.
Here we are: Ed McMahon and a Publishers Clearing House winner! For future reference to everyone, this worked out great for me. I got to be in my PJ's and slippers all night. Highly recommended.

Cody and Meridith as the Spartan cheerleaders from Saturday Night Live. Sorry that Cody is covered up, but I had to get them doing one of their stunts. Good form.
8 comments:
I loved all the pics. Payton was so cute in her pirate costume....and I have to say you ome up with clevr ideas every single year! I think dressing up is SO fun, but have the hardest time coming up with ideas. Usually te witch to pass out candy to the kids, but I have t step it up with you guys! Looks like a fun Halloween!
I don't know what you are are talking about your costume ideas are very creative. Payton makes the cutest little pirate ever. As for who Kelly and I were. I was a geek and Kelly is supposed to be Andy Gibb from the Bee Gees. IT would have been better if he had a crazy cool medallion around his neck.
Lani, Im so glad you posted pictures of people from XanGo. That was always fun to see what poeple came up with. It makes me miss that place too. Payton sure made a cute lil pirate!
WOW - You had a very full Halloween this year! I am loving your costume! Craig's gift costume was pretty good too. :)I have a special place in my heart for pirates so of course Payton was adorable in her costume.
How fun! So much to comment about.... I LOVE Craig's work costume! I tried to talk Beau into it, but he wasn't having it :) Payton - adorable! Since Beau and I had our first date at "The Plank", we're a little partial to pirates...and YARRRR little pirate is freaking cute! Super great idea for PHC couple costume. I hope you got a prize for that one! And finally....the red eye reducer occasionally goes crazy and leaks into other body parts. I did it to a picture of Beau once, and his whole face turned gray - weird. Love the post!!
hmmmm...looking familiar...oh our party had some similar costumes going on (I am guessing maybe tk brainstormed with you?? or we all went to the same website for ideas). Ted brought up doing what craiger was...I chuckled. I am impressed that Payton was willing to keep everything on...especially the hat and earring. You guys always put together something great. Ted and I will try harder next year.
WOW, I missed a good party.
Yeah, tell Payton the can man freaked me out too!
Love your costume!
Post a Comment