Sunday, August 3, 2008

One year ago

One year ago, I was miserable. And swollen. And not sleeping. And had so many things wrong with my body. And SOOOOOO ready to have a baby. And...did I mention miserable?

Luckily, fast forward one year and things are much different and much better in our household. We now have an awesome little girl and it's time to celebrate her 1st birthday.

We decided to have both of our families over for a BBQ to help us celebrate Payton's 1st birthday.

Getting ready for the party, Payton wanted to get in the cooler of ice more than anything. So I let her play in it until I thought she was going to have frostbite on her little fingers. She seriously couldn't be any happier and wouldn't stop smiling.

I thought that an appropriate theme for Payton's birthday party would be pink and brown. So we had pink and brown decorations and I let my creative juices flow to decorate some pink and brown cupcakes.
Here's grandma with the birthday girl. It was nice to have my parents come from Idaho for the party. This is one loved little girl!


Everyone getting their grub on...
We actually had a little bit of cloud cover and were able to be outside without it being too miserably hot. It turned out to be a great backyard BBQ.
Time to start the birthday festivities...
Payton was shy at first and wasn't sure about being the center of attention.
But it didn't take long for her to warm up to the idea of digging in her cupcake.



And by the end, we had quite a mess on our hands. But that's what it's all about, right?
Ry and Ted trying to see who had the better "football picture" pose.
Then we got all cleaned up and moved on to presents. Payton was so lucky to get some super cute new clothes, a new book, and this cute new puppy.
She's really into snuggling with soft blankets and stuffed animals lately. She makes a little "ohhh" sound when she does it. I just love it.
Ellie and Ben showing Payton her new book.
We thought it was time for her to have her first baby. Of course she went right for the eyes, just like she does on real babies.
Payton wasn't interested in wearing her princess crown, so Ellie modeled it for her.
The night was winding down with the Mulitalo family playing a round of volleyball.
Payton was just loving her big "1" balloon. She gets so excited hugging her balloons and I'm surprised that she hasn't popped one yet.

Thanks to our families for coming and helping us celebrate Payton's 1st birthday. We had a great time and we hope everyone else did too!

11 comments:

Tami said...

Yep, it was fun to see your happy, adorable little girl celebrate one year of life! I can't wait to see all her adventures in this next year!

TK said...

I thought my kids were the cutest ever...but I may have to reconsider after seeing Payton's face when she was looking at her cupcake and stuffed animal!

That was almost cute enough to make to want to have a little girl of my own (emphasis on ALMOST).

Thanks again for the food and fun!

Emily Call said...

Happy Happy Birthday, Payton!

ilene said...

We loved being there for the party and getting to be a part of the birthday celebration. Payton is lucky to have such adoring parents . . .she's such a cutie . . .she wins everyone over with her smile and beautiful eye. Kind of like her mom did! It was a fun party and great to see everyone.

Chari said...

Looks like Payton had a great 1st b-day! She is such a doll :)

Cameron Family said...

Happy Birthday Payton! Where has the time gone! SUch a cutie you have and she is only going to get cuter!

mari_contrary said...

happy birthday, Payton! Lani, those cupcakes were DARLING! You get the Martha Stewart medal of the day for sure. Looks like a super fun party!

The Woodwards said...

Awww!! Lani she looks more grown up every day, though I'm sure you don't want to hear that! Those teeth are just adorable!! Looks like your party was a huge success. :) I know you were miserable, but take it from a March Birthday, Summer birthday's are the best!!!! Oh and Mari was right, those cupcakes were awesome.

BB&KK said...

Sorry to miss out on the festivities....looks like everyone had a great time. Give Payton a big hug and lots of kisses from her auntie (& uncle) in Boise! We hope to catch up with you when we are in Utah for Labor Day. Love you!

amy said...

Happy Birthday to Payton! I can't believe she is 1. Great job on the cupcakes...very cute!!

Julie G. said...

So cute. I loved all the cake pictures. What a sweet girl you have!