Wednesday, August 6, 2008

12 month appointment

Time for another doctor's appointment. Pretty standard actually. Everything just continues to go so smoothly and we're so fortunate that Payton is so healthy and strong.
Weight: 21.43 lbs (57th percentile)
Height: 32 inches (99th percentile)
Tall and skinny!!
Funny story about her measurements. She always gets weighed and measured by the nurses and then when the doctor comes in, he brings in her growth charts to show you them and discuss them with you. So he comes in with the growth charts and starts showing us the numbers. He gets to the height one and he says, "For her height, she's in the 18th percentile." Huh? I look at Craig. Craig looks at me. I look at the doctor. I'm thinking, "Are you serious?" How can you look at Payton and think that her height is in the 18th percentile? I kept waiting for him to realize that number was really off, but he didn't. So when he gave me the charts I looked at it and realized that the nurse had entered Payton's height wrong. She entered 28 inches instead of 32 inches. Yeah, 4 inches would make a major difference. So he had the nurse come in and measure her again just to make sure and then they changed it on the growth chart. Then she came in at 99th percentile. Whew, that's more like it. I know that Craig and I are proud of her being so tall so we like that number much better.
She was absolutely loving her window seat in this room. Little did anyone in the parking lot below realize they were being flashed by a 1 year old.
She was ALL OVER the place in the doctor's office. She immediately ripped up all the paper she was sitting on. She tried to grab all the instruments sitting by her. She got down on the ground and tried to open each and every cupboard. This was the first time that the doctor had her sit on our lap because I think he knew she wouldn't sit still for 2 seconds on the table. She even squirmed a ton while Craig was holding her. I finally had to give her the pacifier just to be content and calm down long enough for the doctor to examine her. The doctor agrees with me that I'm going to have my hands full once she does start walking.
No more appointments (or shots) for 6 months! Yipee!

5 comments:

Cameron Family said...

You have to love those appointments! I just love to hear the stats, but could do without the shots. I was glad to hear that there would be no shots until 10 months. She is growing up so fast...I can hardly believe it! :)

Sarah said...

I am so surprised that she is tall and skinny!! Did he mention she was in the 100th percent for beautiful eyes?

Tami said...

Wow...Craig is a dedicated father to make it to her dr. check ups.

I think she just end up taller than me????

Rhitzclan said...

What a big girl! And what a doting daddy!

~Chandra

amy said...

Remember how she use to lay on the scale? That seems like yesterday! I wonder how old Payton will be when she is taller than me...