Friday, April 25, 2008

Pearly whites

A week and a half ago when Payton was in the bathtub, I caught a glimpse of something. Her first 2 teeth coming in! I was so excited cause I've been wondering and waiting for when this grand event was going to happen. So here she is, 8 1/2 months old and she's starting on her pearly whites. She's been pretty good considering it must be pretty painful. She's had a slight temperature and we've only had one really bad night so far. Last Wednesday night, she started screaming at about 2 AM and when I went and picked her up, she was burning up. She had a temp of 103. She was miserable and it was so sad. So I gave her some Tylenol, cuddled with her, paced the house, and rocked her to sleep all night. Since then, things have settled down a bit and her 2 bottom teeth just get a little more visable each day. She has also started on a habit that Craig and I are NOT fond of. The most high-pitched squeal/screech that you've ever heard. I have no idea if it's because of the teething or if she just thinks it's cool. But we've got to find a way to curb that habit. And quick. She's so stinkin' cute that it's pretty hard to stay mad at her though.

She thought she was going to get her hands on the camera, but it was just a trick to get a pic of her teeth....

9 comments:

Cameron Family said...

So Cute! And you can't jut help, but notice her blue eyes! Atleast on of them. :)

Unknown said...

HOORAY! My Peyton was the worlds worst teether. All the doctors say that fevers, runny noses etc don't really happen with teething!! YEAH RIGHT! tHOSE 2AM screams and fevers aint for nothing. I did find some coold tabs that work. You put them under the tongue. Let me know if she ever needs them and I'll tell you more.

Tami said...

High pitch squeal reminds me of Mitch.

Yay for teeth. She will be graduating to real food sooner than you think.

Waiting for pics on all that yard work you did this weekend!

amy said...

How fun that she has her first teeth! I thought she was on the same track as Ry and it was going to take her forever to get any. I agree with Jen on noticing her pretty blue eyes...such a cutie!

Emily Call said...

She is seriously so cute. I love her little teeth.

Julie G. said...

Glad she got through those first teeth. They look great. It is hard work for them poor kids. I am still waiting for the post about the yard!

Chari said...

Yippie! Payton has her first teeth! Sad that she wasn't feeling so hot though, it always makes me sad when kids are sick :(

Our Family News said...

The whole teeth thing is so frustrating. Seth is almost 20 months and he still goes through the same type of thing. Good luck. Hopefully her little temperature goes down.

BB&KK said...

I"m waiting for a video of the sqeals!