Thursday, August 6, 2009

Birthday party

Saturday was Payton's 2nd birthday. We were lucky enough to have a BBQ at Craig's mom's house and have most of our family there with us to celebrate. They have a beautiful yard and patio and it made for a GREAT party.

The theme for the party? Well, it's August and 100 degrees? Pool party, of course!!

Disclaimer: I just had WAY too many fun pictures and didn't want to eliminate. So I'm just putting a TON on here.

The cousins came ready with their bathing suits and sunscreen. We came ready with the slip 'n slide, pool, sprinklers, and beach balls. It was a party!


Here's Carson showing us how it's done on the slip 'n slide and Payton testing out the water.






Craig's mom and my mom just chillin' on the patio.


Doritos and a Capri Sun make for one happy kid.




I sent Craig on an errand right before the party and he came back with this pool. I gave him a "why did you buy that" look, but boy was I wrong. The pool was a hit. Glad we had it!






And my new favorite picture of Payton:

How is it possible to be so crazy about one person? I don't know how else to say it. I love her to pieces.



The big kids even had to take a dip in the pool. Until it had to be evacuated and drained because of a possible pooping contamination by the birthday girl.




That's right. I took the easy way out and let someone else make the cake. A cupcake cake. Great for the kids.


One cupcake + one glass of water = one disgusting mess. Oh well, Payton thought it was fun.


Payton just loved these cheap little dress up shoes. I wish I would have taken a video of her click-clacking around the patio in them. She's definitely all girl.


And the grand finale: bubbles! I just love how excited kids get for bubbles.




Thanks so much to all our family for joining us. I just love getting everyone together and hope we can come up with more excuses to do this more often.

5 comments:

Chari said...

How fun! Happy Birthday Payton! I can't believe how much she has changed, she is such a cutie pie :)

Kristi Burley said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Miss Payton!! Looks like I missed a fun party! But I'm still laughing about the possible poop contamination :)

Julie G. said...

It was fun to see you guys the other day and hear Payton say she is two! She is such a cute little girl.

Cameron Family said...

Wow! How the time has flown! I cannot believe she is 2 already! Happy Birthday...a little late!

The Woodwards said...

How fun! I can't believe she's two.. I swear it was just like a few months ago that we had your shower for her. WOW... You have a toddler. Awesome!